How does Interactive Technology work?
An interactive whiteboard is a large interactive display that connects to a standard computer or laptop with a USB cable. A projector projects the computer's desktop screen onto the board's surface, where users control the computer using a stylus or finger by touching the surface to control mouse functions, digital ink tools, image capture/screen capture, hand writing recognition, and other interactive software driver functions.
Will CoachBoard™ work with my existing software applications?
Absolutely. In conjunction with our CoachBook™ driver software and the USB connection, you can use any desktop application in conjunction with CoachBoard- yet with the added features of touch & interactive technology. You can work within the CoachBook software on your laptop or desktop, then bring up the files on CoachBoard™. Playbooks, game plans, scouting reports, and other files can be created on the desktop then later opened and used with CoachBoard™ and vice-versa.
What hardware do I need to purchase?
Here is what you need to connect to and run an interactive whiteboard:
- Interactive Whiteboard, Touch Monitor or Touch LCD Panels
- CoachBoard™ Interacttive Operating Software and Drivers
- Projector (optional)
- Method of Connection: USB, Bluetooth, etc.
How difficult is it to learn?
If you can use a mouse and a computer, you can instantly begin using CoachBoard™. Most users can master the basic functions- digital pen tools, eraser, drawing tools, shapes, image capture, move/change re-size objects, and other basic features are easily learned within minutes and comfortably used within days of implementation.
What can I do with an Interactive Whiteboard?
- Engage various athlete learning styles with visual, auditory, and digital technology
- Manipulate x's and o's, play diagrams, objects, annotate, highlight content
- Link to the Internet other applications- save and/or send files instantly from CoachBoard™
- Save playbook notes/files directly from whiteboard to printer/electronic file
- Integrate with recruiting tools, databases and recruiting charts
- Stream or download video and audio files- telestrate over game film
- Work collaboratively on scouting reports, game planning, film review
- Save your digital notes to use later for review or send electronically to athletes/coaches
- Integrate digital ink annotation functions with any existing software application
- And much, much more to help you save time, improve teaching methods, and produce superior output documents for game preparation, planning and review.
- Integrate audio/recording functions to play back meetings or share with off-site coaches/players.
Do I have to stand in front of the board to use the digital ink, image capture or video control functions?
No. We offer our Digital CoachBook Interactive Tablet PC which allows a coach/player to control the main board in the front of the room from a hand-held computer device with stylus input capability. Draw, write, notate on the tablet PC and interface with other tablet PC’s or the main board. Or, the coach can be sitting while the athlete is standing so that both devices work together for an enhanced instruction environment.
Can I use the CoachBoard™ as a standard dry erase board?
Yes, our boards are treated with a special surface coating (standard on all CoachBoards™) which allows dual use of the board- as an interactive board with dry erase capability. The board can be cleaned as easily as any standard dry erase board.
How durable are these boards?
Our touch sensitive boards are extremely durable and can withstand the rigors of a competitive athletic environment. Our boards have a very, very low defect incidence rate, allowing you to be up and running 99.9% of the time. CoachBoard is as tough as any dry erase board on the market.
Where should I install CoachBoards in my athletic program?
CoachBoards are applicable for coaches & player team meeting rooms, coaches’ offices, locker rooms, video rooms/studios, and conference facilities. Portable solutions can be moved and used in various rooms in indoor facilities.
Do you have a mobile solution for travel on the road or move from room to room?
Yes. We offer our TranzSport™ mobile systems designed specifically for athletic programs which allow you to mount the CoachBoard™ and projector on a wheeled frame to take on road trips or move from room to room. Shipping trunks and cases are also available to protect the hardware for transportation.